Based in Kolkota, but with region-wide coverage, Nilambar Bhuinya is an experienced consultant, researcher and social auditor. Nilambar has worked extensively in south east Asia and the Gulf region. He conducted many supply chain assessments, social and environmental audits, pre-investment due diligence and social and environmental impact assessments.
His areas of specialisation include:
- Social compliance audits and Supply chain assessments
- Total supply chain and compliance management, ethical sourcing
- Occupational health and safety auditing, assessment and training
- Workplace safety and sustainable business consulting
- Fair trade audit and assessment
- Dialogue and mass communications
- Social research, business studies and surveys
- Software project planning and management, systems requirements surveys
Nilambar has specific expertise in Conflict management. He is also an advanced trainer and consultant using forum drama and dialogue process to unblock mis-matches. His research focus is on consumer behaviour, social and market research.
In addition to his link with the Just Solutions Network, Nilambar is a highly valued Lead Compliance Auditor for the World Ethic Alliance, and for the Fair Wear Foundation. He is an Executive Board Member of Direct Initiative for Social and Health Action (DISHA); an Executive Member of the Budge Social Welfare Association (BSWS), that promotes micro-insurance for the unorganised sector. He is also a lecturer at the University of Calcutta, Maheshtala College.